Monday, March 23, 2009

Equestrian Meme

This questionnaire is from the Glenshee Equestrian Centre blog. Check them out. =)

1. How old were you when you first started riding?
I started taking lessons when I was about 9, I think. It was a long time ago. >.>

2. First horse ridden: Clyde, a Clydesdale gelding in the mountains of Colorado. I was 2, and I fell asleep on his back. That's where it all started... lol

3. First horse trotted on: Noah, my favorite pony ever. He's a lesson pony at the stable I used to take lessons at. He's chestnut with a huge white star on his forehead. I miss him.

4. First horse cantered on: It was at a trail riding place in Wisconsin. He was a big black QH, and I believe his name was Shadow. He had the most amazing canter in the world. :)

5. First Horse fallen off of: Victor. Bareback at a canter. Ouchies.

6. Most recent horse fallen off of: Victor, of course. He bucked and just went out of his mind last fall in the outdoor arena. Silly boy... I managed to fall in the grass, though. It wasn't too bad.

7. Most terrifying fall: That first time I fell off Victor. He took off while riding bareback.

8. First horse jumped with: Victor! <333>9. First horse who ran away with you: *cough*Victor*cough*

10. First horse that scared the crap out of you: VICTOR.

11. First horse shown: You guessed it. Victor. ;D

12. First horse to win a class with: I've never won a class before, but Victor and I placed 6th in a class of 23 in our very first showmanship class. Woohoo!

13. Do you/have you taken lessons: Hellz yeah. I wouldn't have a hot-headed TB if I didn't know what I was doing. I love my trainer. ^_^

14. First horse you ever rode bareback: I think it was Hercules. Cute little palomino pony at the same place Noah is at. It was either him or Donnie, a Belgian that they used for bareback lessons. I don't remember.

15. First horse trail ridden with: Clyde, although I was too young to remember. The earliest I remember is Noah.

16. Current Barn name: Timber Ridge Farm.

17. Do you ride English or western?: English FTW. Although I still go western on occasion.

18. First Horse to place at a show with: Victor!

19. Ever been to horse camp?: Yep. Twice. The first time was when I rode Noah for the week. I cried at the end of the week when I had to leave. I lurve him so much. I wanna go visit him. :) The second time I rode Cisco, a bay QH who had the nicest sitting trot you could imagine. I miss him, too.

20. Ever been to a riding clinic? Nope.

21. Ridden sidesaddle? No, but I'd like to try sometime.

22. First horse leased: I've never leased a horse.

23. Last Horse Leased: None. >.< 24. Highest ribbon in a show: 6th place! We rock. lolz

25. Ever been to an 'A' rated show?: No...

26. Ever competed in pony games/relay races?: We do game days once a year at my barn. Barrels, partner pick-up, egg races, fastest saddler. It's fun.

27. Ever fallen off at a show: No. Not that I've been to enough shows to.

28. Do you ride Hunter/Jumpers?: Yep. :) I'm in training right now. My jumping skills could improve... a lot.

29. Have you ever barrel raced? Informally, yes. My friends and I like to play around with barrels in the arena. Norman is actually better at it than Victor, amazingly.

30. Ever done pole bending?: No.

31. Favorite gait: I love cantering. :) As long as the horse has a nice, rocking-horse gait. Victor used to feel like a freight train. He's getting better, though.

32. Ever cantered bareback?: That one time on Victor when I fell off after 2 seconds. That was back when he had an awful canter.

33. Have you ever done dressage?: No, but I want to.

34. Have you ever evented?: No, but again, I'd love to.

35. Have you ever mucked a stall?: Psh yeah! Every time I'm at the barn.

36. Ever been bucked off?: Yes, lots of times. Mostly on Victor.

37. Ever been on a horse that reared?: Yep. Victor again. He only did it once, though, and it wasn't real high.

38. Horses or ponies?: Horses!

39. Do you wear a helmet?: Yes. I admit, sometimes I'm naughty and conveniently forget it when I'm going for a trail ride, but I always where it for lessons and jumping.

40. What's the highest you've jumped: Like... a foot. Impressive, huh? lmao

41. Have you ever ridden at night?: No, but I've ridden at twilight. Sunsets here are gorgeous. :)

42. Do you watch horsey television shows?: lol yeah. I used to watch Mister Ed all the time, but he's not on anymore. ;( I still watch the Saddle Club once in a while. Who can resist a cute little-kid horsey show?

43. Have you ever been seriously hurt/injured from a fall?: I broke my nose once. It was that time Victor took off at a canter bareback. I wasn't wearing a helmet, so let that be a lesson to the kiddies who don't think they need one.

44. Most falls in one lesson: One.

45. Do you ride in an arena/ring?: For lessons, yes. I prefer trails, though. Arenas get boring pretty easily.

46. Have you ever been trampled by a horse?: No, but I've been stepped on plenty of times. Particularly by Norman. That was hell.

47. Have you ever been bitten?: Yep. Hercules bit me in the leg once and left a nice little welt on my thigh. And there was this mean-tempered mare at my barn named Iris. She got me once. Victor bit me once accidentally. I was holding a treat and not paying attention when he took it. Wasn't really a bite, though. My fingers just got in the way.

48. Ever had your foot stepped on by a horse?: YES. By Norman. I couldn't even cry it hurt so bad.

49: Favorite riding moment: The first time I jumped on Victor. We were alone and there was a little cross rail in the outdoor. The temptation was too much, and we just went for it. I remember it perfectly. It was probably the single most amazing ride we've ever had. :D

50. Most fun horse you've ridden: Probably the barn owner's QH, Harley. He's got an awesome canter. I wouldn't choose him over Vic or Norman, though.

*sigh*
That brings back memories. I wanna go visit Noah...

No comments:

Post a Comment