Friday, May 1, 2009

A much-needed rant.

Not really intended to be a comprehensive post, and I don't know that you guys will know what I'm talking about. I just need to blow off some steam. And yes, it revolves around our good friend, C, and her dickhead cousin M.

Last Tuesday confirmed my suspicion that C is absolutely nuts. She was came out to the barn while I saw feeding and asked me how long her cousin's (M's) horse, Nikki, had been eating. I told her about half an hour. So, of course, she's too much of a moron to wait the full hour before working the horse. She was giving a lesson to some girl, maybe 14 or 15 (poor girl doesn't know any better) on Nikki. She takes the horse out, tacks her up, and puts the girl on her. Throughout the whole lesson, the girl was leaning forward, heels up, and her seat didn't improve in the least. From an hour of instruction, I would at least expect to see the heels down and the rider's upper body nice and tall. But nope. I didn't see an iota of improvement. Here's were it gets funny. About 20 minutes into the lesson, I notice that C is now on Nikki's back behind the girl, apparently teaching her how to hold the reins or something.

That was it. I'm now 100% certain that C has lost her marbles. I just stayed in Norman's stall and laughed my ass off. I don't know if she heard me, and frankly, I don't care. It was hella funny. Stupid, dangerous, and ridiculous, but amusing. Except for the fact that she was sitting on the poor horse's kidneys. And you know, it's just C's way of showing off. The way she vaults up on the horse and whatnot. You know, C, if you want to show off, take some proper riding lessons and come back when you have a solid seat and can actually pick up the right diagonal. You have no business at all teaching someone how to ride when you yourself don't know shit about horses.
It's impossible to tell that woman anything. She's got this know-it-all mentality and if you try to tell her something, she gives you this attitude like, "what do you know?"
She rides that horse into the ground. She's made Nikki lame before - and just laughed it off. And didn't do anything to care for her. Just tossed her back out into the paddock. Everything is a fucking joke to her. She doesn't give a damn about anything.
And she's still using other people's equipment. Not mine, because I keep it locked up, but the BO's tack and stuff. She doesn't take care of it. That one time Nikki rolled with the BO's saddle on, when she was left loose in the arena, C just laughed about it. She never even cleans it. I know I've never seen her soaping saddles.

After her "lesson" last Tuesday, she didn't even have the girl groom or untack Nikki. How the hell do you give lessons and not have the students take care of their horses before and after the ride? All the girl did was ride. She didn't groom, she didn't tack, nothing. How are riding lessons useful if you don't even know how to properly saddle a horse? Shouldn't you know how to do that before you actually get on the horse? I don't know. I don't understand people like that.

My mom and I are getting fed up with the BO as well. She doesn't keep on top of things the way she should, and she's real pals with C and M. She's spineless when it comes to laying down the rules and confronting people when those rules are broken. It's not my place to say this, but C and M need to go. They're the cause of all the tension in the barn. My trainer left because she couldn't deal with their shit anymore. Before C and M came, it was just me, my trainer, and two other boarders that aren't even out very often. We got along and it was just much more relaxed and enjoyable. Nothing was locked up. We never locked our supply stalls or tack trunks because we just let each other borrow stuff and trusted one another to put it back. You could leave a 50 dollar bill laying on your tack trunk and no one would take it. Now, all my stuff is locked up and only my trainer and one other friend know the combo. It's sad. It's just one headache after another. My mom and I are looking for an alternative place, just in case. It's just that we've been there for 4 years, longer than anybody else, and I keep my horses there in exchange for labor. I don't know if I can find a deal like that anywhere else. Plus my current barn is set up beautifully. And indoor and outdoor arena, huge pastures, a wash rack, big tack room, and about 2 dozen stalls. I don't know of any other barns that have stalls available, and the ones that do don't have arenas. An indoor arena is a must.

We'll see how it all goes down.

On a better note, I had a lesson today and Victor was incredible. I was terrible, but Victor did everything right. I'm so proud of him. ;) He was so balanced and his walk/trot transitions were perfect. He got those shoulders powerhousing and was just awesome. I'm way out of shape and probably looked like a complete idiot, but he was awesome.

I have a work day tomorrow from 9 to 5 at the barn. It sucks because I'm sure I'm going to be extremely sore in the morning. I'm always sore after lessons. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment