Friday, November 19, 2010

Things are not good at the old barn.

I am so glad to be done with that place. I cannot even express how much I do not miss it. And I know it's none of my concern now, but I'm really worried for Christy and Lorena. Management has gone to Hell (what else is new?) even worse than before and apparently, the BO suddenly thinks that Lorena owes her a ton of money for board. Lorena has always worked to pay off board, and payed for all her feed and supplies herself (like I did). That was always the agreement, but now the BO has it in her head that Lorena owes a year's worth of full-price board. Why? That's anyone's guess. Christy told me the two of them got into a huge fight over it and they're not speaking to each other. Poor Christy is stuck in the middle of it. God knows I love Lorena and have all the respect in the world for her, but she does tend to go off on tangents and overstep her bounds. When she gets angry, she doesn't always think straight. Therefor, she says things she shouldn't and doesn't know when to shut up. I don't know how much more the BO will tolerate.

The thing is, Lorena is the most experienced and knowledgable person there. She organizes all the events and shows, she helps everyone out, she gives lessons and trains a little. That barn would fall apart without her. I don't think the BO appreciates it at all, and I can understand why Lorena gets so fed up. I've been there, too.

I've known the BO for almost 6 years. I know how impossible she is. And I honestly think she's suffering from some mental illness. If she had any sense at all, she would have hired Christy or Lorena as the official manager a long time ago so she wouldn't have to manage things herself. She just can't do it herself. It's even more of a shame because there is such a wonderful group of people there. Ever since Cynthia and Mitch left, they've gotten new boarders and for the most part, they're all very nice.

There is one guy who sounds shady, though. Lorena tells me he "trains" his horse with a tree branch. I'm not sure what all that means, but it doesn't sound good. Of course, the BO doesn't mind at all. If she's even aware of it.

Sigh. It's a Hell of a place to board, let me tell you. I feel so bad for them. I wish Christy and Lorena would look for another barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment