Saturday, September 11, 2010

The perfect hypothetical foal...

It's one of my many goals in life to breed one -and only one- foal. I've been thinking about it for quite some time. Someday, when I have the time, experience, and financial means, I want to breed, raise, and train one foal that I would keep forever. I want to be there when it's born and be able to spend time with it every day, and train it to lead, tie, load, bathe, pony, lift its feet, and expose it to as many experiences as I can before the time comes to ride it.

I don't have any particular breed in mind. It depends on what I plan on doing with the foal. It's going to be a long way down the road, and I might not still be interested in showing by that time. I can see myself just trail riding or maybe going out west and doing those 3-day trail rides in the mountains. That would be sweet.

I know I'll either want an English-type or a gaited horse. Or an English horse that's well broke for trails. Either way, I like my horses tall and husky. I've always thought that a Morgan/ Andalusian cross would be gorgeous.

I would breed this mare (JMF Wild Side from Rafter Bar D Morgans):


To this stallion (Fandango Del Sol from Rothrock Andalusians):


Yep. That would be my dream foal. Someday... hehe.

BTW, if you're ever interested in Andalusians, check out Rothrock. I've met Cara and have seen their stallions in person many times. They are hands-down the best in the business. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment